[DRBD-user] proxmox nodes option - was drbd-utils-9.12.1

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Mar 24 14:46:29 CET 2020

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 02:14:56PM +0100, Denis wrote:
> Hi Roland and all,
>
> I'm testing it on a test enviroment and it works as expected for now.
>
> There is a little problem, I don't think this is related to this new version
> but maybe you can help me.
> If I try to set up drbd storage only for some nodes adding the line:
>
> nodes node1,node2
>
> for example:
>
> drbd: drbdboth
>    content images,rootdir
>    controller 192.168.122.94
>    resourcegroup onboth
>    nodes node1,node2
>

> the line is ignored (storage appears on all nodes) and it's deleted when I
> change some storage option with the proxmox gui

But why are you hijacking a thread dedicated to a drbd-utils release
that has absolutely nothing to do with the proxmox plugin and its
settings?

"nodes" is gone. What you can use is everything LINSTOR provides in the
placement options for a resource group. Everything you get via:
linstor-client resource-group create -h

A solution for your case might be to create a LINSTOR storage pool only
on node1 and node2 and set that in the resource group. Then LINSTOR can
only place it on both of these nodes anyways (assuming a replication
count of 2).

Regards, rck