[DRBD-user] DRBD, RHEL8 and Pacemaker

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Fri Mar 20 07:35:14 CET 2020

Hi!

Sent this to the dev list as it is clearly a bug, but it seems to
be stuck in moderation. Please commen if you have experience.
Anyone using drbd90 + RHEL8 + Pacemaker ?

Just tried the combination:

- Centos 8
- Pacemaker
- DRBD 90 set up in active/active mode
  - Installed from http://elrepo.org/
    Versions available:
*       drbd*90-utils-9.10.0-2.el8.elrepo.x86_64
*drbd*90-9.0.21-2.el8_1.elrepo.x86_64
- KVM using LVM:s as VM storage

Tried to get PCS to monitor the State of DRBD using the provided
ocf:linbit:drbd
resource and it didn't work but would always disable my drbd partitions.

The reason turned out to be that the Linbit provided drbd.shellfuncs.sh uses
the command "drbdsetup sh-status" to figure out the state of the drbd
partitions
and this command is gone in drbd 90 !

I don't have a patch, but wonder if there is something in the works?
Or am I doing something wrong here?

Best
Dag