[DRBD-user] DRBD on Public Cloud VM ?

Jérôme Barotin jbn at s4e.fr
Wed Mar 18 13:53:22 CET 2020

Thanks for your reply Robert, exactly what I'm thinking, but, my
management team directives are clear : no baremetal, I have to use only
cloud solution.

I'm aware of solution as Minio or Ceph, but, I'm very interested by
DRBD, looks like a strong technology. We have two use cases :

1 - Storage of about 5GB of small files (10kb in average) that are
written and read very often.

2 - Archive storage (2TB) of files size from 10kb to 10+ Mb , write and
read are more rare and higher latency is not a problem.

I'm trying to set up a test environment, I'm using Ubuntu server as
distribution, is that a correct choice ? Or Red Hat based distrib would
be easier to work with ?

Also, it's not clear how to make the link between  GFS, Corosync /
Pacemaker and DRBD. Where could I find some good doc to understand what
I'm doing ?

Best,

Jérôme