[DRBD-user] drbd r0: sock_create_kern failed, err = -97

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Wed Mar 4 16:21:47 CET 2020

On 3/4/20 4:09 PM, Holger Kiehl wrote:
> But this is not in the kernel since is is stuck at 8.4.11. So we will try it
> with kernel module from the 9.x source.

DRBD 9.0.x is not yet upstreamed, but the source is available and can be
built on most somewhat recent distributions (those with a kernel 3.10 or
newer, if I remember correctly).

However, RDMA functionality for DRBD is a separate DRBD transport kernel
module that is a commercial add-on for DRBD 9.0.x, so it is not included
in the DRBD 9.0.x source code. The RDMA extension can be purchased from
LINBIT (which will also give you access to pre-built packages of DRBD
9.0.x for your distribution, installable via the package manager, so you
don't have to build from source). If you intend to do this, please
contact LINBIT Sales for information on licensing and pricing.

br,
Robert