[DRBD-user] satellite daemon must non-3377 port for SSL?

Chad William Seys cwseys at physics.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 25 23:03:50 CEST 2020

Hi,
   I have a "Combined" controller/satellite node which I'm trying to set
up SSL on.
   It appears that the controller binds port 3377 by default.  This is
also the port the satellite listens to by default.  When the node is
Combined, this causes problems connecting to the satellite daemon.
   My hope was to have the controller bind to a non-3377 port so that
one would not have to specify a non-default port when creating a node.
However, I haven't been able to get the controller daemon to bind to
anything but 3377.
E.g. This does not work:
# cat /etc/linstor/linstor_controller.toml
[netcom]
   type="ssl"
   port=3388
   server_certificate="/etc/linstor/ssl/keystore.jks"
   trusted_certificates="/etc/linstor/ssl/certificates.jks"
   key_password="linstor"
   keystore_password="linstor"
   truststore_password="linstor"
   ssl_protocol="TLSv1.2"