[DRBD-user] Down sync

Juan Sevilla juan.sevilla.11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 08:28:01 CEST 2020

Hi Robert,

> Permanent dual-primary with specialized readers/writers (cluster file
> systems, cluster-synchronized applications, etc.) on a two-node
> replicated DRBD resource

This is exactly my case. I need build a system with Oracle ASM on top. ASM
is a clusterized  filesystem, with its own heartbeat, etc. like OCFS2.

I need dual-primary for making a virtual SAN. This system is running
correctly with high load of IO. I've restored and recovered a 0,7TB
database with dual-primary active. I can't use model multiresource
active/active because is only one database beings accessed by two nodes
simultaneously.

I think it's possible to eliminate the witness based on diskless node
(third node) and replace it with a fencing handler.

I appreciate your comments,

Best regards,
Juan.