[DRBD-user] satellite daemon must non-3377 port for SSL?

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Thu Jul 2 22:29:00 CEST 2020

> On 25 Jun 2020, at 23:03, Chad William Seys <cwseys at physics.wisc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  I have a "Combined" controller/satellite node which I'm trying to set
> up SSL on.
>  It appears that the controller binds port 3377 by default.  This is also the port the satellite listens to by default.  When the node is Combined, this causes problems connecting to the satellite daemon.

As Rene already quoted from the source code, by default, the controller listens on 3376 (plain) and 3377 (ssl), while the satellite listens on 3366 (plain) and 3367 (ssl).

The controller’s so-called connectors are configured in its database as property values, in netcom/<ConnectorName>. Each connector has a port property that can be changed.
Either use the LINSTOR client to change that property, e.g. netcom/SslConnector/port for the SSL connector that is configured by default, or if that does not work for whatever reason, start the controller interactively with the debug console (-D) and enter:
SetCfgVal namespace(netcom) key(SslConnector/port) value(xxx)
where xxx is the port number you want to set.
Then restart the controller (enter ShtDwn and restart as usual with Pacemaker/systemctl/start script/etc.)

Anyhow, that should not be necessary, because the controller and satellite modules were designed to run on the same node without causing TCP port collisions.

br,
Robert