[DRBD-user] WinDRBD performance/features

Max Bergmann maxbergmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 06:02:22 CET 2020

Hi drbd-users,

Recently, I've been testing windrbd, but I can't seem to achieve more than
100 Mbps (~12mb/s) throughout, even thought the network between my nodes is
1Gpbs or more, with a simple UNC share between hosts I get 100mb/s.

Drbd documentation mentions to adjusting c- parameters, but I still can't
increase the performance.

Surely I must be doing something wrong, here is my example config:

    protocol    C;

    net {
        use-rle no;
        max-buffers 8000;
        max-epoch-size 8000;
        sndbuf-size 0;

    }

    disk {
        c-plan-ahead 5;
        c-max-rate 125M;
        c-min-rate 30M;
        c-fill-target 2M;
        al-extents 6007;
        no-disk-barrier;
        no-disk-flushes;
    }

Have you done any performance testing on WinDRBD?
Another feature I'm missing is converting an existing NTFS volume with its
data to be used by drbd?
Checksum support is another feature that I couldn't get working on windows,
any hints?
Kind regards,
Max