[DRBD-user] Proxmox 6 - Linstor controller service no longer restarts

Greb opengreb at free.fr
Thu Jan 16 14:05:20 CET 2020

Roland wrote:
> I'm surprised it even works that well. Snapshots in the Proxmox plugin > are very very limited: > - You can take a snapshot from the GUI, and it hopefully results in a > snapshot on LINSTOR level. > > And that's it. End of story. No rollback. Let alone over resizes.
> meant as last resort if everything is broken and the last resort is
> rolling back to a snapshot and handling the rest manually on the CLI
> (including full resyncs and everything that might be necessary on the
> way). It is just for "ok cool, somewhere there is a snapshot and I did
> not loose my complete data"). No GUI, no nothing. Everything that works
> beyond what I described is pure coincidence and unsupported as well as
> untested.

Thank you Roland for your answer but maybe I expressed myself badly or I misunderstood.
I take snapshots through the graphical interface, this results in a snapshot at LINSTOR level (except by unchecking the RAM where only one LV is created).
Restorations are always carried out by the simple command "linstor s rb" without anything else.
It works on proxmox 5 and 6 (snapshot with or without RAM)
This should not be the case, additional precautions or operations may be necessary after the roll-back (manual resynchro ...)?
Shouldn't these snapshots be considered "reliable" and should only be used in the event of a desperate situation with no guarantee?

Regarding disk resizing in the graphical interface, this function is not supported by the Linstor pluggin?
It works on proxmox 5 and 6 / Drbd LVM or Thin but it would be a coincidence?

So, are my controller service problems that don't start related to this?

Thanks,