[DRBD-user] python-linstor, linstor-client 1.0.9 release

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Tue Jan 14 18:30:27 CET 2020

On 1/14/20 6:15 PM, Wolfgang Walkowiak wrote:
> I seem to have (preliminarily) fixed it by modifying line 373 in
> linstorapi.py as follows:
>
>            # data = json.loads(resp_data)
>            data = json.loads(resp_data.decode('utf-8'))

Hello,

what is the exact version of Python that you have installed?

I have tried to reproduce the problem, but it did not occur on my
workstation with Python 3.6.9.
Incompatibilities between slightly different versions of Python,
especially slight modification of function causing those functions to
suddenly not accept data types that they used to accept before, are
unfortunately a never-ending story, due to the poor design of the
programming language and the apparently inadequate QA processes for its
libraries and/or third-party libraries.

If your patch doesn't break on some other versions of Python, we will
include it, so thanks for submitting it.

br,
Robert