[DRBD-user] DRBD Mode B with Linstor

Dr. Volker Jaenisch volker.jaenisch at inqbus.de
Sat Dec 12 22:11:56 CET 2020

Dear DRBD-Users!

Is it possible to run Linstor with DRBD Mode B?

Linstore states it will accept "ONLY MODE C"

We have used mode B for ages without any problems. Mode C doubles the
DRBD latency because of the second disk access.

[In our case the network TTL can be neglected since we are using an
Infiniband Network with TTLs wide below the rotational latency of our
spinning disks.]

Cheers,

Volker

   inqbus Scientific Computing    Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Hungerbichlweg 3               +49 (8860) 9222 7 92
   86977 Burggen                     https://inqbus.de