[DRBD-user] building v9

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Fri Dec 11 10:04:54 CET 2020

> I tested building on 5.8.0-31-generic (Ubuntu Focal) and I'm getting the
> same error as you do, so I'd assume that drbd cannot build against that
> kernel at the moment.
> I have reverted back to 5.4.0-48-generic which seems to be ok.

Thank you!  That's some kind of a workaround, but it worked for me too against 5.4.0-54-generic.

- drbd-dkms builds fine (drbd-9.0.25-1ppa1~focal1)
- drbd-9.0 builds fine
- drbd-9.0.26-0rc3 builds fine

So I grabbed latest longterm Linux release (instead of latest stable), re-built it with some custom config and I am good now.  Against vanilla 5.4.82, everything's fine.  As a side note, even the DKMS surprisingly builds, although this is a Slackware based kernel config.

--
Pierre-Philipp