[DRBD-user] drbdadm up timeout issue

Daniel Messner dmessne at ncsu.edu
Fri Apr 3 19:38:47 CEST 2020

I am running drbd9 on the latest Red Hat Kernel.

# hostnamectl
  Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux
       CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:redhat:enterprise_linux:7.8:GA:server
            Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-1127.el7.x86_64
      Architecture: x86-64

When I try to run drbdadm up I get this timeout error:

[root at nctestdb39 drbd.d]# drbdadm up wwwdata
Command 'drbdsetup new-resource wwwdata 1' did not terminate within 5
seconds

Can the timeout parameter be modified? If yes, how can I do this?

--
Daniel Messner
Business Technology Analyst
dmessne at ncsu.edu