[DRBD-user] Upgrade DRBD 9.0.19-1 to 9.0.20-1 on Debian 9

Joel Colledge joel.colledge at linbit.com
Thu Oct 31 09:34:29 CET 2019

Hi Anthony,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 7:18 AM Anthony Frnog <anth.frnog at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I upgrade DRBD from 9.0.19-1 to 9.0.20-1 on Debian 9, the DRBD cluster seems "break"

Yes, we are aware of this issue and have prepared a solution to it
internally. It only affects kernels in the 4.8 and 4.9 series.
Unfortunately, this includes Debian 9. It was caused by the change in
the way we deal with compatibility for older kernels. You should see a
9.0.21 release soon which will fix the issue.

I have pushed the fixed version to this temporary branch:
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/tree/drbd-9.0-debian9
This is the main fix for the issue:
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/15cf0b73971842a7bc8fe6d5217a8f79c5babf80
If you are able to build from this branch then you are very welcome to
use it. We welcome any feedback if you do try it.

Otherwise you can downgrade back to 9.0.19.

Best regards,
Joel