[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox weird behaviour

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Nov 15 11:32:01 CET 2019

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 04:57:16PM +0100, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> With linstor-proxmox 4.1.0 on proxmox 6.0.11, I have two drbd storages
> defined.
>
> When selecting one of those drbd storages in the pve management
> interface, the Usage gauge will regularly flip between the correct
> display and the other storages display. Same with the empty/full icon in
> the device tree on the left: both show "nearly full" or "nearly empty",
> alternating every 5 seconds or so (on of the storages is full, the other
> is empty).
>
> Seems that the free space isn't retrieved from the selected storage, but
> randomized.

Hi Andreas,

I reproduced it and I'm pretty sure I fixed it. PVE is kind of special...
It calls functions over and over again. Then they invented caches. I
used it wrong in one location. I cached the actual storage pool name
(which I should not have), so all drbd storages reported the same size.
Which one most likely depended on Perl dict ordering. So it selected one
of the storages randomly and reported this size for all. That is why it
flipped between the values of the two pools.

If you an, please test:

https://github.com/LINBIT/linstor-proxmox/commit/705c3fbcd352095b8603f2cd1160c1c735d9931d

Unrelated, I need to check if we handle auto-quorum correctly, but I
would release a new version early next week. An OK from you side would
be cool.

Thanks, rck