[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.21-0rc1

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Nov 5 13:18:41 CET 2019

Hi,

With the drbd-9.0.20 release we changed the kernel compat layer. We tested
carefully on the platforms most of our customers and users have:
RHEL/CentOs 6,7,8 and Ubuntu LTS 16.04 & 18.08. No we realize that
Debian was our blind spot. 9.0.20 does not work on Debian's 4.9 kernel:
It causes DRBD's resync to be slower than usual and causes the resync
to get stuck at always the same point. Probably it also causes a memory
leak.

Please help testing this pre-release.

9.0.21-0rc1 (api:genl2/proto:86-116/transport:14)
--------
 * fix compat for write same on linux 4.9 and the Debian users
 * fix kernel compat for linux 4.8 and 4.9; this mainly affected Debian
   users; The symptoms where slow resync and resync getting stuck always at
   the same point
 * enable resync of lost and re-created backing devices (think lost node) when
   the backing device was thinly provisioned and its current uuid is pre-set
   to a 'day0 UUID' (by LINSTOR); that works by copying a unused bitmap slot
   which tracks all changes since day 0
 * fix attach when bitmap is on PMEM; before it was set to
   'all blocks out-of-sync' upon attach
 * return disk-state from Outdated to UpToDate when it looses connection
   while in WFBitMapT and we have a stable and UpToDate peer
 * new option --force-resync flag can be passed to new-current-uuid, that
   can be used to trigger initial resync without touching the role

https://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.21-0rc1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/29a9e4f2c9606c2c086b4b5d69bf54e024af91d5

best regards,
 Phil
--
LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running