[DRBD-user] Error message: Failed to create meta-data for DRBD volume

Daniel Ulman dulman at sacme.com.ar
Fri May 10 17:26:38 CEST 2019

Hi Gabor,

> That still means that you have misconfigured DRBD itself or at least the necessary linstor-resources.res

I check and double check my configuration files and I don't see any typo.
The configuration is the same as in your test system, but only in the controller node.
In the satellite nodes, the configuration is slightly different:

cat /etc/drbd.conf
# You can find an example in  /usr/share/doc/drbd.../drbd.conf.example

include "drbd.d/global_common.conf";
include "drbd.d/*.res";

When I run:

drbdadm dump vm-100-disk-1

The output on controller node is:

'vm-100-disk-1' not defined in your config (for this host)

On the satellite nodes, the dump is correct.

When I run (on controller node):

drbdadm dump vm-100-disk-1 -c /var/lib/linstor.d/vm-100-disk-1.res

Then, I see the dump of the configuration, correctly

Regards,

Daniel