[DRBD-user] (no subject)

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Thu Mar 21 10:32:08 CET 2019

On 3/20/19 4:20 PM, JCA wrote:
> After everything is completed, in pcmk-2 I end up with /tmp/Testing
> containing the files that I earlier on copied into the directory to be
> shared in pcmk-1, as described in section 7.5. My problem is, how (and
> where) do I access those files in pcmk-1? At this point, they don't
> seem to be accessible, for I unmounted /dev/drbd1 in pcmk-1, as
> instructed at the end of section 7.5. I was hoping to be able to mount
> it again, in pcmk-1, but that is not working for me:
>
>       # mount /dev/drbd1 /mnt
>       mount: /dev/drbd1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
>       mount: mount /dev/drbd1 on /mnt failed: Wrong medium type
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The DRBD cluster resource and the Filesystem resource on top of it need
to failover to the other node for the directory to be mounted.

If you are actually trying to create a setup where both systems have
access to the data concurrently, then you will have to install a cluster
filesystem such as e.g. OCFS2 (mounting an ext4 or xfs filesystem on
more than one node at a time will destroy the filesystem), and then
change the cluster configuration to support that kind of setup.

br,
Robert