[DRBD-user] Problem with a three-node configuration

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:44:21 CET 2019

I have a PaceMaker cluster with three nodes, one, two and three. These
nodes are CentOS Virtual Box VMs. In each of them when I do 'uname -a' the
name obtained is one, two, or three, depending on the node - i.e. just the
name, without the domain. I have verified that the basic capability of the
cluster works fine, by defining an IPAddr2 PaceMaker resource.

In each node I have the following  /etc/drbd.d/some-data.res file:

resource some-data {
 protocol C;
 meta-disk internal;
 device /dev/drbd1;
 syncer {
 verify-alg sha1;
 }
 net {
 allow-two-primaries;
 }
 on one {
 disk /dev/sdb1;
 address 192.168.0.18:7789;
 }
 on two {
 disk /dev/sdb1;
 address 192.168.0.19:7789;
 }
 on three {
 disk /dev/sdb1;
 address 192.168.0.20:7789;
 }
}

The /dev/sdb1 partition has been separately created in each node, each time
with exactly the same parameters.

In node one I did the following:

# drbdadm create-md some-data
initializing activity log
initializing bitmap (64 KB) to all zero
Writing meta data...
New drbd meta data block successfully created.

This seems to be fine. Immediately after, in the same node I did

# modprobe drbd
# drbdadm up some-data

  --==  Thank you for participating in the global usage survey  ==--
The server's response is:

you are the 11209th user to install this version
/etc/drbd.d/some-data.res:1: in resource knot-data:
There are multiple host sections for the peer node.
Use the --peer option to select which peer section to use.
resource some-data: cannot configure network without knowing my peer.

I had a look into the drbdadm man page, and it says that, when more than
two host sections are in play, one must use the --peer option to specify
the peer node to connect to. So I tried the following:

# drbdadm up --peer two some-data
Device '1' is configured!
Command 'drbdmeta 1 v08 /dev/sdb1 internal apply-al' terminated with exit
code 20

Any ideas on what is going on, and how to fix it?