[DRBD-user] Add new replica to existing resource

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Mar 14 10:37:55 CET 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:12:53AM +0100, robinlee at post.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed DRBD/Linstor on proxmox with redundancy 1, after adding second
> node to the cluster I would like to expand the resources to another node =
> redundancy 2.
>
> The new resources seems be OK, but the older one, created with redundancy 1
> seems be not mirroing to another side. I just called
>
> linstor resource create <second-node-name> vm-108-disk-1 --storage-pool
> drbdpool

So far so good, would have done the same.

> now I see that the resource has two volumes, but the second one is actually
> empty, the content wasn't copied there.

Where and how do you see that?

The Proxmox plugin never creates multi-volume resources. Every disk is a
new, single-volume, DRBD resource. If not, the plugin has a bug.

If "resource create" created a second volume, which is hard to believe,
LINSTOR has a bug.

So please post the res file of that resource (in /var/lib/linstor.d/).
And also the "drbdsetup status vm-108-disk-1"

If there are really two volumes (with one DRBD resource), any ideas how
the second was created? Your are not mixing terms here?

Regards, rck