[DRBD-user] Adding volume to an existing resource results in "Inconsistent" state

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Mar 11 11:27:31 CET 2019

On 3/8/19 2:41 PM, Gael Martin wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Linstor to manage a datastore cluster and everything is
> working fine.
>
> However if I add a new volume to an existing resources already setup
> and synced between my 2 nodes, the second volume is set as
> inconsistent and I could not find any way to bring "up to date"

DRBD always creates new volumes in an "Inconsistent" state and only
transitions into "UpToDate" if the resource is forced into the "Primary"
role on a node (which will cause a full-sync), or if the initial sync is
skipped for the volume. LINSTOR does not normally interfere with the
role of a resource (since that may affect the status of existing
volumes, may require unmounting existing volumes, etc.), the only
exception being the creation of a new resource.