[DRBD-user] drbd local replication with remote replication at the same time

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Jun 24 14:11:06 CEST 2019

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 06:41:59PM +0800, 莊凱傑 wrote:
> Hi drbd-user,
>
> I made some code changes for achieving local and remote replication at the
> same time. Any idea is appreciated.
>
> Previously I sent a local replication problem email, actually I want to
> achieve the goal of drbd local replication with remote replication at the
> same time.
> I look into the patch f0b6e32, in this patch drbdadm is designed allowing
> loopback ip(127.0.0.1) replication by skipping loopback ip check. Hence
> local replication is not a problem now.
>
> I want to achieve local replication with remote replication at the same
> time. And the function check_addr_conflict still disallow the local host
> ip(except for 127.0.0.1) sharing. Hence I'm wondering if we can allow local
> other ip sharing as well as follows:

No. I think "you are holding it wrong" ;-)

Why not use md raid for "local replication"
and DRBD for "remote replication",
just like everybody else?

Even if you had a valid reason,
why would you not use 127.0.0.1 for that purpose?

And that "allow to share local address"
was NOT meant to allow "local replication",
but to be used for certain "ssl socket forwarding solutions",
or for use with the DRBD proxy.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed