[DRBD-user] DRBD 9: 3-node mirror error (Low.dev. smaller than requested DRBD-dev. size.)

Paul Clements paul.clements at us.sios.com
Tue Jul 23 17:51:50 CEST 2019

> One thing you could check just to be sure is whether the configuration
> files are identical on all three systems.

Yes, it's identical. md5sums check out.

> Was DRBD stopped on all three nodes before you recreated the meta data?
> (Did you do 'drbdsetup down resourcename' on all three nodes, then
> recreate the meta data on all three nodes, and then try 'drbdadm up
> resourcename'?)

I did:

# drbdadm down r0

Before I did the rest of those steps, yes.

> You said you were using DRBD 9.0.16, correct?

Yes.

> Could you please also check exact output of "cat /proc/drbd" and
> "drbdadm --version" for me please?

# cat /proc/drbd
version: 9.0.16-1 (api:2/proto:86-114)
GIT-hash: ab9777dfeaf9d619acc9a5201bfcae8103e9529c build by
mockbuild@, 2018-11-03 13:54:24
Transports (api:16): tcp (9.0.16-1)

# drbdadm --version
DRBDADM_BUILDTAG=GIT-hash:\ d458166f5f4740625e5ff215f62366aca60ca37b\
build\ by\ mockbuild@\,\ 2018-11-03\ 14:14:44
DRBDADM_API_VERSION=2
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION_CODE=0x090010
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION=9.0.16
DRBDADM_VERSION_CODE=0x090600
DRBDADM_VERSION=9.6.0

> With that information I may be able to recreate the situation if the
> problem persists.

Thanks for the help.

The conf file is at bottom for reference. Does anyone have a working
three node drbd.conf they'd be willing to post? I'm starting to think
something in my conf file is odd.

Paul

--
# cat /etc/drbd.conf

# You can find an example in  /usr/share/doc/drbd.../drbd.conf.example

include "drbd.d/global_common.conf";
include "drbd.d/*.res";

resource r0 {
        on sios0 {