[DRBD-user] Linstor tripple primary node recover problem

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Mon Dec 23 10:55:06 CET 2019

On 12/21/19 8:27 AM, 张林锋 wrote:
> We’ve setup a three node cluster with linstor where all three nodes are primary.

You are running a completely misconfigured setup, since DRBD does not
support a setup with three primary nodes.

I am not sure where whoever created this setup even got the idea that it
would, since even the configuration setting that allows more than a
single primary node is literally called "allow-two-primaries", which
clearly states that the maximum number of primaries is exactly two.

Even this so-called "dual primary" mode is only supported
- during live migration of virtual machines in a multiple node cluster,
which is a very specific use case
- for actual multi-master use ONLY in a two-node-cluster (without even
further secondary nodes)

br,
Robert