[DRBD-user] DRBD9 not building on PVE6.1

Gianni Milo gianni.milo22 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 10:00:09 CET 2019

Hi Christoph,

I followed your suggestions and below follows the outcome of it...

- I'm using DRBD9 on Proxmox, which in turn its based on Debian 10, so the
PPA method did not work as it's designed for Ubuntu?

- Debian 10 ships with an old spatch version (1.0.4), where DRBD requires
1.0.8, so no luck there as well.

-Only solution for Proxmox users seem to be using SPAAS method and that
works, as soon as Proxmox servers have unrestricted access to the internet.
In our topology that's not the case, as these servers cannot access
internet hosts on non standard ports.Your SPAAS service requires access to
the port TCP 2020. Would it be possible to use a fallback port TCP 443 or
TCP 80 instead ?

- One last method, which also seems to work is  by using a separate machine
(or VM), with Proxmox installed and with unrestricted access to the
internet. Build DRBD kernel modules in there (with SPAAS) and manually
transfer them  to the production servers (in
/lib/modules/<kernel_version>/updates).

Regards,
G.