[DRBD-user] 3 Nodes cluster with Proxmox 5.4 and DRBD 9

Gábor Hernádi gabor.hernadi at linbit.com
Thu Aug 22 09:32:22 CEST 2019

Hello,

regarding the suggested check of the linstor cluster's health: I am pretty
sure the cluster is healthy, the "missing" ip is most likely just greyed
out from the screenshots manually (otherwise why should there be spaces
before the ":port" and also "root@      :path"?)

Which also leads us to the core issue: In order to DRBD being supported by
linstor, the linstor node-names must match the actual host names (uname
-n). As I assume that your machines are not named "first", "second" and
"third" (otherwise you would not had to grey out the "--controllers ______
" in your "n l" command), linstor reports that this UNAME-check failed
which is required for DRBD-support.

I will put this to my todo-list to report a reason why a layer is not
supported (i.e. in your case you would see something like "Satellite '....'
does not support the following layers: [DRBD]. Failed checks: [UNAME]" or
something like that), although with quite low priority, so don't expect
this to be ready by tomorrow :)

Best regards,
Gabor