[DRBD-user] Stop using DRBD

Simon Ironside sironside at caffetine.org
Fri Sep 28 13:15:39 CEST 2018

On 28/09/2018 11:20, Michael Dukelsky wrote:

> I have two nodes with DRBD 8.3. Now I want to stop using DRBD and use
> one of the nodes as a standalone box. How do I do it? As far as I
> understand it would be enough to wipe out the meta data. But I see no
> command for that. How can it be done?

You don't really need to delete it at all, it's at the end of the block
device so it can be ignored. You can just use (mount or whatever) the
underlying block device directly.

If you really want to get rid of it you can extend the filesystem or
whatever you have on the underlying device over the top of where the
metadata is.

Simon