[DRBD-user] Mount and use disk while Inconsistent?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 24 14:28:52 CEST 2018

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 01:55:07PM -0400, digimer wrote:
> Yup, its fine.
>
> Note though; If the UpToDate node goes offline, the Inconsistent node will
> force itself to Secondary and be unusable.

Not force itself to Secondary
(there is no way to do that, short of a hard reboot...
which can obviously be arranged as well, of course)

But, depending on configuration (on-no-data-accessible),
by default just return IO error, if it cannot serve good data.
Or, alternativly, block, waiting for access to good data to return.

> So while it's possible to mount and use, be careful that whatever is
> being used can handle having the storage ripped out from under it.

Yes.

Also, when using a SyncTarget, many reads are no longer local,
because there is no good local data to read,
which may or may not be a serious performance hit,
depending on your workload.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed