[DRBD-user] Max disk size with external metadata (8.4.11-1)

Bob Singleton bsingleton at ibss.net
Tue Sep 11 01:05:45 CEST 2018

I 've created a cluster on a ~6TB multipath device, that only came out to
4TB.
blockdev --getsz on the LV backing device shows  12883853312, while
blockdev --getsz on /dev/drbd0 only returns 8587575296.

Pretty straight vanilla config - just uses external metadata (512MB LV).

I couldn't find anything in the docs, but have seen old (years ago)
references to a 4TB disk limit when using external metadata.