roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Oct 29 14:16:06 CET 2018
Hi DRBD users,
This is drbd-utils release 9.6.0. There is no pressure to update
immediately, it is just that "git log v9.5.0..HEAD --pretty=oneline |
wc -l" has 50 commits, so it is time...
There are minor bug fixes all over the place, see the Changelog/git
history for details.
"Breaking" changes one should be aware of:
- JSON output of drbdsetup status does not contain NaN/Infinity any
more for numbers. While obviously a bug-fix, it changes the output, so
it is worth mentioning.
- drbd-overview is gone. We have nicer tools (drbdtop and drbdmon), and
it was marked deprecated for several releases. I really wanted to get
rid of the Perl dependency. It is still in the git repo for people
that want it. For state/bug reports, just use "cat /proc/drbd" and/or
"drbdsetup status -vs".
- The Makefile does not generate "-debian" tarballs anymore. If you
really need that, please see 8f402c33940a7fc612ce2fb36f29e4ff8f30c7c4.
* usage-count: also count notty users if possible.
* drbd-overview: remove it, we have drbdtop/drbdmon. saves all the Perl deps.
* drbdmon: update frequency limiting, debug log for drbdevents, use
* drbdsetup show: on 9 allow json output.
mainly used in our CI, don't expect a stable field names yet.
* drbdsetup satus: on 9 fix json output to not include NaN/Infinity
* allow higher resync rates: first customers hit a limit. this requires an
updated kernel module as well (e.g., 9.0.16)
* init: fix some 8-only leftovers (sh-b-pri), sanitize the retry logic
* doc: document various 9 features that got forgotten (e.g., quorum-lost)
* build: various small fixes that popped up while playing with meson
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the drbd-user