[DRBD-user] drbdmanage issues

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Thu Oct 25 09:00:55 CEST 2018

On 2018/10/24 1:23 PM, Habicht, Mathew (MHABICHT) wrote:
> Yes I switched to Linstor yesterday. But I am still having a few issues.
>
> My screens don't look like the ones from the Linstor Demo videos, mine is all these a's instead of boxed cells.

LINSTOR requires a UTF8-capable terminal for correct display. The client
may have an option to switch to ASCII only - I don't remember, as I
never use it.
drbdtop and drbdmon also have certain terminal requirements (e.g. for
ANSI escape sequences), both use Unicode, drbdmon has an --ascii option
to avoid the Unicode.

The LINSTOR server modules (Satellite/Controller) also assume a terminal
width of 120 characters if run interactively or if using the debug
console. It will work with less, but any table-like output or section
separators etc. may not look very nice.

br,
Robert