[DRBD-user] Configuring a two-node cluster with redundant nics on each node?

Bryan K. Walton bwalton+1539795345 at leepfrog.com
Wed Oct 17 19:07:36 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a two-node cluster, where each node has
dedicated redundant nics:

storage node 1 has two private IPs:
10.40.1.3
10.40.2.2

storage node 2 has two private IPs:
10.40.1.2
10.40.2.3

I'd like to configure the resource so that the nodes have two possible
paths to the other node.  I've tried this:

resource r0 {
	on storage1 {
		device    /dev/drbd1;
		disk      /dev/mapper/centos_storage1-storage;
		address   10.40.2.2:7789;
		address   10.40.1.3:7789;
		meta-disk internal;
	}
	on storage2 {
		device    /dev/drbd1;
		disk /dev/mapper/centos_storage2-storage;
		address   10.40.1.2:7789;
		address   10.40.2.3:7789;
		meta-disk internal;
	}
}

But this doesn't work.  When I try to create the device metadata, I get
the following error:

drbd.d/r0.res:6: conflicting use of address statement
'r0:storage1:address' ...
drbd.d/r0.res:5: address statement 'r0:storage1:address' first used
here.

Clearly, my configuration won't work.  Is there a way to accomplish what
I'd like to accomplish?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton