[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-3.0.0-rc1

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Oct 5 14:36:44 CEST 2018

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:20:20PM +0200, Julien Escario wrote:
> > Please test if you can, if I don't hear any complaints, that will be the
> > final version released early next week.
>
> Me ! me ! I have one : we can't grow a resource from the interface (web
> or cmdline).
>
> It seems that the resource is correctly growed but proxmox core isn't
> correctly informed about it.
> More details here :
> http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2018-September/024503.html

Hm, as of now I don't think this is a bug on our side, because:

in "volume_resize()" we do our cluster-synchronous (that is important)
resize and return. Now look at the same function in the LVM Plugin. It
calls "lvextend" and returns. I don't see a difference. The plugin does
not need to inform anybody. Proxmox then itself does that.

Successfully propagating that information into the VM depends on all
kinds of factors. If you have a OS+kernel+agents config that works on
LVM and does not work on DRBD, we can look into it. But till not proven
otherwise, I'd say we do everything we can do from the plugin point of
view.

If you have something that is easy to reproduce, I look into it.
Something I can set up easily myself. LVM or LVMthin. Alpine or Debian
or Ubuntu as guest. Something along these lines.

Thanks, rck