[DRBD-user] One resource per disk?

Paul O'Rorke paul at tracker-software.com
Tue May 1 19:09:13 CEST 2018

I create a large data drive out of a bunch of small SSDs using RAID and
make that RAID drive an LVM PV.

I can then create LVM volume groups and volumes for each use (in my case
virtual drives for KVM) to back specific DRBD resources for each VM.  It
allows me to have a DRBD resource for each VM, each backed by an LVM
volume which is in turn on a large LVM PV.

VM has DRBD resource as it's block device --> DRBD resources backed by
LVM volume --> LVM volume on a large RAID based Physical Volume.

I can resize resources to my heart's content.  :-)

*Paul O'Rorke*
*Tracker Software Products (Canada) Limited *
www.tracker-software.com <http://www.tracker-software.com/>
Tel: +1 (250) 324 1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324 1623

<http://www.tracker-software.com/>