[DRBD-user] Upgrade PVE 4.4 to 5.1 DRB9

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Tue Mar 20 10:20:11 CET 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 08:16:16PM +0000, Yannis Milios wrote:
> A simple ‘apt install drbd-dkms —reinstall’ should work as well.
> Remember repeating this task each time you upgrade your
> kernel/headers.

Really? DKMS should handle that, that is exactly it's job. So if that
really does not work automatically (after getting it "kick started" by
installing the headers the first time), then there is something wrong.

Do you get new headers automatically when there is a new Proxmox kernel?
In other words is there a meta package for the headers that is updated
when they release a new kernel?

This should be something like "linux-headers-amd64" (but likely with
some "pve" in it's name). Or are there only pkgs for a specific release,
like: linux-headers-4.14.0-3-common/linux-headers-4.14.0-3-amd64. Again,
this is the output from a normal Debian box, Proxmox mixes in some "pve"
IIRC.

Or I'm holding my DKMS magic for the kernel wrong ;-).

Feedback would be great.

Thanks, rck