[DRBD-user] Upgrade PVE 4.4 to 5.1 DRB9

Shafeek Sumser shafeeks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:45:54 CET 2018

Yes check that with uname.  I have kernel 4.13.13-6-pve installed on these
servers and I installed pve-headers-4.13.

I checked the drbd modules and I have
/lib/modules/4.13.13-6-pve/kernel/drivers/block/drbd/drbd.ko and this
module is version 8.4
I don't have drbd_transport_tcp.ko.

kindly tell me how to manually force the dkms?

Thanks
Shafeek

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Roland Kammerer <roland.kammerer at linbit.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 02:13:51PM +0400, Shafeek Sumser wrote:
> > HI Roland,
> >
> > Yes it is the case of a drbd 8.4 vs 9.  A cat /proc/drbd gives mes
> > version: 8.4.7 (api:1/proto:86-101)
> > srcversion: 2DCC561E7F1E3D63526E90D
> >
> > I checked the link regarding the docs.  I fact, I changed my sources.list
> > file to deb http://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/ proxmox-5 drbd-9.0
> before
> > upgrade.
> >
> > But still drbd fall to version 8.4.
> >
> > I have already installed drbd-dkms (Version: 9.0.9+linbit-1) provided by
> > Linbit.  Which kernel-headers we need to install?
>
> The ones matching your kernel.
>
> Then you can check if you got the drbd modules (drbd.ko,
> drbd_transport_tcp.ko) somewhere under /lib/modules/$YOUR_KERNEL_VERSION/.
>
> I'm not sure if the dmks magic kicks in when you install the headers,
> maybe you have to kick dkms this time manually.
>
> Regards, rck

Shafeek SUMSER