[DRBD-user] Node failure in a tripple primary setup

Sascha Reule sascha.reule at mediacologne.de
Fri Mar 2 10:27:31 CET 2018

Hello,

We’ve setup a three node cluster with DRBD 9.2.0 where all three nodes are primary and UpToDate.

This setup is working fine until we reboot one machine. After the machine comes up again, it won’t reconnect.
It’s state remain in „Outdated“ while it tries to connect to the other hosts (which are still both primary).

It does not matter what drbdadm command we execute. The state won’t change.

The only thing which works as workaround is putting one of the other two primarys to secondary and then disconnect and reconnect them. After this the rebooted host will connect and start syncing.
But in a real world scenario this is not practicable.

What's the right way after node failure in a tripple primary setup?

Thanks!

MediaCologne Kommunikationsmedien GmbH, Sitz 50354 Hürth, Luxemburger Str. 96,
Geschäftsführer: Helmut Löhmann, Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 45080, UST-ID DE122778871