[DRBD-user] Randomly crash drbdsetup

Julien Escario julien.escario at altinea.fr
Wed Jun 27 12:37:20 CEST 2018

Hello,
We're experiencing a really strange situation.
We often play with :
drbdmanage peer-device-options --resource <ressource> --c-max-rate <rate>

especially when a node crash and need a (full) resync.

When doing this, sometimes (after 10 or 20 such commands), we end up with
drbdmanage completely stuck and a drbdsetup that seems to block on an IO with
returning.
For example :
drbdsetup disk-options 144 --set-defaults --read-balancing=prefer-local
--al-extents=6481 --al-updates=no --md-flushes=no

drbdadm status display ressource up to this one then hangs on drbdsetup call.

drbdtop is still usable.

Right now, we didn't manage to find a solution without rebooting the node (sadly).

Do you experience such situation ?
What can cause this ?
Is there a way to unblock this process without rebooting ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Julien