[DRBD-user] How long will the primary DRBD continue to run without a secondary?

Veit Wahlich cru.lists at zodia.de
Mon Jun 18 09:01:34 CEST 2018

Hi GC,

keeping track of changed blocks is implemented using bitmaps, which are
part of the meta data on both sides. These bitmaps are always of full
size, so they will not grow by just changing blocks.

So unless you added something consuming ressources, e.g. event handlers
performing LVM snapshots to be created when the peers disconnect, a
single peer may run infinite.

Best regards,
// Veit