[DRBD-user] About outdated and inconsistent state

digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Jun 4 08:02:12 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-31 10:33 PM, 唐宇奕 wrote:
> Hello, I wonder when exactly can outdated and inconsistent state of data can happen and how often does that happen? And is there a way to use inconsistent or outdated data after all if the primary node fails?

The full answer is here;

https://docs.linbit.com/docs/users-guide-8.4/#s-disk-states

The short answer is;

Outdated means the data is consistent, but old. Using it will mean any
data written after the disk was disconnected will be lost. This happens
when a node is cleanly disconnected while another node is still Primary.

Inconsistent means that the data on the disk had started to sync from an
UpToDate node, but that the resync has not finished. The data on the
disk is likely not usable (specifically, it might be a mix of new and
old data).

digimer