[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.8

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Fri Jul 27 16:33:11 CEST 2018

On 07/27/2018 04:25 PM, Yannis Milios wrote:

>     Satellite and Controller are quite obvious, Combined is a node
>     that runs
>     a Satellite and may sometimes run a Controller, Auxiliary is a
>     node that
>     runs neither but is registered for other reasons, this is mostly
>     reserved for future features.
>

> Can these 'roles' be modified afterwards once set? or they are static,
> i.e do we have to remove node and re-add it with another role
> specification.

The node type can be changed later

>     There is a NodeLost API and a corresponding command for it.
>

> Is there a way for an admin to access API and run this command or it's
> for dev only use?

There is a corresponding LINSTOR client command for it

>     it is expected that a system
>     administrator will clean up a resource manually if automatic cleanup
>     does not work,
>

> I presume here you mean cleaning up resource LVs,ZVOLs etc. Sure, this
> is true as long as the node is accessible.

Yes, the DRBD kernel state, backing storage, configuration files, etc. -
if the resource is marked for deletion and the LINSTOR satellite runs
the check on it, it will try to clean up all those things on its own.
Only if that is not possible for whatever reason (e.g. permission denied
for the account that runs the satellite, external utility failure, etc.)
and the administrator manages to complete the task, then LINSTOR will
see that e.g. a previously failed deletion of a backend storage volume
is no longer necessary because the backend volume is no longer there,
and it will finish the resource deletion task.

>     Deleting the database will cause LINSTOR to initialize a new database.
>     The database could be anywhere depending on how LINSTOR was installed,
>     where it currently is can be found out by looking at the
>     connection-url
>     setting in controller's database.cfg file.
>

> In my case it's in /opt/linstor-server/database.cfg and the entry is..
> <entry key="connection-url">jdbc:h2:/opt/linstor-server/linstordb</entry>
>
> Are you saying that deleting /opt/linstor-server/linstordb will reset
> all settings and cause LINSTOR to create a new database file?

Yes, it should. It may be necessary to keep the directory itself, but
the controller is supposed to initialize a new database if none exists.

br,
Robert