[DRBD-user] linstor-proxmox-2.8

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Jul 27 09:06:14 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 05:12:25PM +0200, Julien Escario wrote:
> Le 26/07/2018 à 15:28, Roland Kammerer a écrit :
> > The missing feature is proper size reporting. Reporting meaningful values
> > for thinly allocated storage is a TODO in LINSTOR itself, so currently the
> > plugin reports 8 out of 10TB as free storage. Always. Besides that it
> > should be complete.
>
> Huh ? Not certain I understand : 8 out 10 (aka 80% ?) or ... why 10TB ?

These are really "random numbers". Just something that is "large enough"
so that you people can test the rest without getting "no space left
messages" from Proxmox. (Even though I did not test, I assume Proxmox
would not let you do that, otherwise this whole size reporting thing
would not make too much sense). And then it was like, "hm, which fantasy
numbers do I chose? - okay, report 8 out of 10TB free, should be large
enough for people testing on really big storage". So obviously don't put
more data on your pool than you have, currently there is no safety belt.
AFAIK, size reporting will be fixed in LINSTOR pretty soon, and I wanted
to get the plugin out, so that people can test the rest, which is IMO
more important.

Regards, rck