[DRBD-user] Linstor global drbd-options

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Wed Jul 25 10:43:32 CEST 2018

On 07/25/2018 09:15 AM, kvaps wrote:
> Great, network options are fine.
> But what about those options and their units:
>
>      disk {
>       c-fill-target 10M;
>       c-max-rate   720M;
>       c-plan-ahead   10;
>       c-min-rate    20M;
>      }
>
> I didn't found any information about units used here in linstor, so I
> presume bytes?

As others already mentioned, LINSTOR does not yet support specifying
units for DRBD options.

LINSTOR's own objects (volume size, metadata size, etc.) all work with
kiB values internally, and there is a generic size conversion utility
built into LINSTOR that supports base-2 and base-10 units (e.g., 1 MiB
== 1048576 bytes, or 1 MB == 1000000 bytes) and conversion from any of
these units to any other, with or without rounding, so that one can use
unit suffixes to enter values more conveniently.
Unit suffixes supported by LINSTOR's size conversion are bytes, kB/kiB,
MB/MiB, GB/GiB, TB/TiB, PB/PiB, EB/EiB, ZB/ZiB, YB/YiB. Note that the
size of a single DRBD volume is currently limited to 1 PiB and that
LINSTOR does not allow specifying a volume size value in bytes (the unit
must be kiB or something greater).

Best regards,
--
Robert ALTNOEDER - Software Developer
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running
DRBD HA - Disaster Recovery - Software-defined Storage