[DRBD-user] [DRBD-announce] drbd-9.0.15-0rc1

Eddie Chapman eddie at ehuk.net
Wed Jul 25 01:29:20 CEST 2018

On 20/07/18 15:17, Philipp Reisner wrote:> Hi,

 > Another DRBD release is coming up. Please help in testing the release
 > candidate.
 >
 > This release contains one important fix for users that use DRBD9
 > in combination with LINSTOR or DRBDmanage and intend to do live
 > migrations of VMs.
 >
 > What is in for everyone is the performance optimization, giving the
 > users of NVMe SSDs up to 30% more IOPs.
 >
 > 9.0.15-0rc1 (api:genl2/proto:86-114/transport:14)
 > --------

<snip>

Hello Phillip,

Just to report I have been running 9.0.15-0rc1 (with drbd-utils-9.5.0),
with vanilla kernel.org 4.14.57 (Gentoo, glibc 2.27, gcc 7.3), on a 2
node cluster, with plenty of resources (some used on the physical hosts,
some in vms) and plenty of disk activity, for 3 days so far, and no
apparent issues to report. Everything appears to be running fine
(nothing in dmesg, no filesystem problems).

However, I don't have an NVMe devices in this cluster, and haven't tried
any live migrations, sorry.  And I still use just drbdadm, no drbdmanage
or LINSTOR ( still hanging on as long as I can :-) )

Many thanks to you guys for all the work that's gone into this release!

regards,
Eddie