[DRBD-user] DRBD9, Linstor and Proxmox VE

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed Jul 18 17:32:44 CEST 2018

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 10:54:08AM +0200, Julien Escario wrote:
> Hello,
> May we have an update about Linstor status ? Is it ready for production use ?
> Only with Linbit support contract ?
>
> And a more difficult question : do you intend to provide a Linstor plugin for
> Proxmox VE ? I know you had some concerns with Proxmox in the past but as far
> as I can see, the main user base of DRBD is using it for Proxmox and Openstack
> backend storage.

For Proxmox users basically nothing changes, you install another plugin.
All the components will be in the public PM repo.  I'd say LINSTOR is in
good shape. I will release the first version of the PM Plugin somewhen
next week.

What is missing/in the working is a final upgrade path from DM to
LINSTOR. If you start from scratch, I would already use LINSTOR. In my
tests it already feels a lot better than DM ever was.

> On the Linstor product page, I can read : "OpenStack, OpenNebula, Proxmox (Q4
> 2018)". Is the support already done for OpenStack and OpenNebula or can I
> consider the support for all platforms be ready by the end of the year ?

Currently in the working.

Regards, rck