[DRBD-user] 125TB volume working, 130TB not working

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Tue Jul 3 13:33:45 CEST 2018

On 06/18/2018 03:15 PM, Svein erik AASEN wrote:
> Hi,
> I see some problems using very large volumes. Initially I tried a
> 480TB volume and it failed at "drbdadm up ...".
> Then I reduced the size till I got it working at 125TB. At 130TB it
> fails. Maybe there is a limit at 128 TB?

I could not reproduce the problem so far.

# df -h /mnt
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/drbd11004  600T  534M  570T   1% /mnt
# blockdev --getsize64 /dev/drbd11004
# ls -l /mnt
total 192
drwxr-xr-x 15 raltnoeder raltnoeder  65536 Jul  3 13:22 drbd
drwx------  2 root       root       131072 Jul  3 13:17 lost+found

This was tested with essentially a 9.0.14 version of DRBD, the version
that I used had some modifications, but those were not related to the
device size.

Meta data was created with 1 peer slot. The DRBD resource uses about 20
GiB of RAM when it is active. It will use about another ~19-20 GiB per
additional peer slot.

Best regards,
Robert Altnoeder
+43 1 817 82 92 0
robert.altnoeder at linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping The Digital World Running
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.

More information about the drbd-user mailing list