[DRBD-user] drbd-9.0.12

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Jan 23 13:50:35 CET 2018

Hi,

Lately we had a to do more releases than we like. This time we became aware
of an issue that can cause that a drbd-resource can not be removed from
the DRBD kernel driver. We decided that this bug is so annoying that we need
to release an update immediately.

It is a race condition so, it does not trigger reliably when you intend
to reproduce it. Currently this issue does not trigger on REHL/CentOs
systems at all.

In case you experience this issue, sometimes (depending on the value
of that counter) it is possible to down an affected resource by this
command:

drbdsetup down RESNAME </dev/drbdX

This sometimes works, because your shell opens the device for read-only
before executing the command. That might bring the open-count to a value
of 0.

9.0.12-1 (api:genl2/proto:86-112/transport:14)
--------
* Fix a race condition in the device_open code path that can cause an
  internal counter to go negative; It only triggered on Ubuntu/Debian
  systems since the udev there uses FMODE_NDELAY when opening the
  devices; The effect was that such a device fails attempts to remove it

http://www.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9.0/drbd-9.0.12-1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-9.0/releases/tag/drbd-9.0.12

best regards,
 Phil