[DRBD-user] Some question about linstor

yang zhenyu cdyangzhenyu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 11:35:28 CET 2018

Hi,Robert

Thanks for your reply. I am a cloud compute developer. My company has
the intent of code-level cooperation. They should have been contacted
LINBIT office. But now I have to do some basic research first, confirm
that we want.

Through your reply, I probably understand some. I still need to experiment.

The following is my understanding:

1. The LINSTOR Controller node corresponds to the drbdmanage pure
controller, there is no storage.
2. The LINSTOR Combined node corresponds to the drbdmanage controller
with storage.
3. The LINSTOR Satellites node  corresponds to the drbdmanage
satellites with storage.
4. The LINSTOR Auxiliary node corresponds to the drbdmanage client node?
5. Only the control node to access the database? Currently linstor
only use the derby database? So I need a shared storage for multiple
control nodes. But I do not understand what is the ues of cluster
manage software at here? For example pacemaker.

Thanks again, if I have other questions I will ask you again.