[DRBD-user] Offline Resize

Thu Dec 6 23:47:24 CET 2018

On 7/12/18 9:44 am, G C wrote:
> Correct we're adding a new physical device with larger capacity then
> using pvmove to relocate to new device, etc...
>
> The problem is that it takes a long time to complete the pvmove and it
> out of space on the original device (hence the move) we wouldn't be
> able to use the system until the migration was completed.

I am pretty sure you could just allocate space from the new PV to the
existing LV, that way, the LV will span both the old PV and the new PV.
If you are using SSD storage, then this won't matter, if you are using
spinning disks, then you might want to specifically allocate blocks from
the new PV in the physical position where it will end up when finished,
and then when you do the pvmove later, it will be contiguous with the
old and new data all on the new PV.

Does that make sense?

Regards,
Adam