[DRBD-user] Offline Resize

Thu Dec 6 23:19:53 CET 2018

On 7/12/18 8:54 am, G C wrote:
> Version:
> drbd84-utils.x86_64     8.9.2-1.0.1.el7
>
> cat /proc/drbd
> version: 8.4.10 (api:1/proto:86-101)
> srcversion: 75EFA3DCEBEF5C771A0FCFC
>
> Following instructions located here for offline with internal metadata
> https://docs.linbit.com/docs/users-guide-8.4/#s-resizing
> I always get this error, I've found several issues that are similar
> but haven't found anyway to get past this issue.
> Architecture
> LVM > DRBD
>
>         # drbdadm down <resource>
>
>         # drbdadm dump-md clusterdb > /tmp/metadata
>
>         Found meta data is "unclean", please apply-al first
>
>         Command 'drbdmeta 0 v08 /dev/drbd/clusterdb internal dump-md'
>         terminated with exit code 255

Out of interest, why do you need to use offline resize? I always have
used the online resize with no issues (LVM underneath). Simply increase
the LV (on both nodes) and then issue a "drbdadm resize <resource>" command.

Not sure if that helps, or if you have a reason for using offline
resize, maybe someone else can assist with that.

PS, using 8.4.x versions.

Regards,
Adam

on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message
in error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the
message from your computer. Viruses - Any loss/damage incurred by receiving
this email is not the sender's responsibility.
--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au